Thursday, January 5, 2012

Make it Monday #47

Hello everyone!!!!
My first card post for this year!! I'm looking forward to loads of more crafting & fun this year..
Recently I came across Papertrey Ink blog "Capture the moment". I have been going through their video tutorials every week for past 1 month now, but as I was busy with exams & submissions I was not able to use their tutorials to create something new. This week's PTI challenge #47  includes a recap of all the past techniques, so I guessed this is the correct opportunity to grab . 

Today's card is based on two of the 46 different techniques. I picked up Make It Monday #2: Vellum Sentiment Strip & Make It Monday #31: Creating Backgrounds with Non-Background Stamps. To begin with, I adhered a plain pink cardstock on a white background. Then I stamped the pink background with a generic stamp of  "a gift" all over. Then I stamped "Happy Birthday" from the Communique Curves Sentiments set from PTI on a vellum strip. I also stamped a birthday cake on a oval shaped vellum & colored it with color pencils. Just to bring the cake in view I pasted a white cardstock behind the cake & adhered the sentiment & the cake to the background using glue dots. To hide the glue dots for the sentiment strip I attached pearls over it.

Here is my card:

 





I know you all would love to see a few close-ups of the details, so here they go: 






Thank you very much for taking your time to notice this card. Hope to hear again from all of  you soon. Till then take care. :)

3 comments:

Drive more traffic to your online store using performance based marketing.