Thursday, January 5, 2012

Make it Monday #47

Hello everyone!!!!
My first card post for this year!! I'm looking forward to loads of more crafting & fun this year..
Recently I came across Papertrey Ink blog "Capture the moment". I have been going through their video tutorials every week for past 1 month now, but as I was busy with exams & submissions I was not able to use their tutorials to create something new. This week's PTI challenge #47  includes a recap of all the past techniques, so I guessed this is the correct opportunity to grab . 

Today's card is based on two of the 46 different techniques. I picked up Make It Monday #2: Vellum Sentiment Strip & Make It Monday #31: Creating Backgrounds with Non-Background Stamps. To begin with, I adhered a plain pink cardstock on a white background. Then I stamped the pink background with a generic stamp of  "a gift" all over. Then I stamped "Happy Birthday" from the Communique Curves Sentiments set from PTI on a vellum strip. I also stamped a birthday cake on a oval shaped vellum & colored it with color pencils. Just to bring the cake in view I pasted a white cardstock behind the cake & adhered the sentiment & the cake to the background using glue dots. To hide the glue dots for the sentiment strip I attached pearls over it.

Here is my card:

 





I know you all would love to see a few close-ups of the details, so here they go: 






Thank you very much for taking your time to notice this card. Hope to hear again from all of  you soon. Till then take care. :)

3 comments:

  1. Very fun card, the vellum strip looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card. Love the background. the vellum works perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Drive more traffic to your online store using performance based marketing.