Hello Everyone! Welcome to my blog!I am back with "Technique of the Month" for June 2017. I missed a couple of months but I am back on track now. This month's technique is "Textured colored backgrounds".
I am a huge fan of adding any kind of texture to my cards. It could either be on the background using embossing folders, embossing paste or it could be using embellishments. I can never make just plain and simple one layered cards.
So before we dive into the technique, let's have a look at today's card first, shall we...
Close-up of the texture
Technique: The technique is really very simple. I have created a short video to explain the process. I hope that helps.
So here is a small description how I created this card:
- Die-cut 2 circles from the background panel created using We R Memory Keepers - Nesting circle dies
- On an A2 car base, adhered the smaller circle die-cut using glue.
- Then adhered the larger circle die-cut to the card base using foam tape
- Stamped the happy birthday sentiment from the Concord & 9th Happy Day set using Versamark ink and heat embossed using Ranger embossing powder.
- Cut out an additional 1/4" strip from the background panel and attached it to one side of the card base using glue.
- Attached a few embellishments around the sentiment to finish the card.
- I also stamped a few coordinating sentiments inside the card (can be seen in video).
- Finally sponged the envelope flap to match the colors on the card using Memento dye inks.
I am submitting this card to :
- CAS Colour and Sketches #227
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Emboss It
- Where Creativity meets C9 - Layering
- CAS Watercolor challenge - Summer
- CAS Mix Up June Challenge
I hope you all liked it. I would love to hear back from you all. Thank you very much for taking your time to notice it. Hope to hear again from all of u soon. Till then take care. :)
PS: If my posts inspire you to create something on similar lines, I feel highly flattered. But please, do respect the effort I take in conceptualizing and executing, please give a direct link to my work when you are inspired by mine. Thanks for understanding :-)
Recollections A2 card base - white
Strathmore - Bristol Smooth paper
Golden - Modeling paste / Ranger Texture paste
Dylusions Dyan Reaveley stencil 5 x 8 Squares Small
Dr. Ph. Martin's Hydrus watercolors
Concord & 9th stamp set - Happy Day
We R Memory Keepers - Nesting Circle dies
Ranger embossing powder - silver
Memento dye inks
Ranger Ink - Palette Knife
Tombow Mono glue
Foam Tape - Scotch / SSS